We strive to discover and develop truly effective therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
We are a passionate team of scientists and drug developers dedicated to improving the lives of patients affected by neurodegenerative diseases.
Our R&D pipeline
Our pipeline of innovative small molecules has the potential to halt and prevent neurodegeneration in certain brain diseases.
Asceneuron discovers and develops groundbreaking therapeutics for neurodegenerative disorders with high unmet medical needs:
orphan tauopathies, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
News & Events
- - Press releasesAs announced at Genesis 2015, Asceneuron is this year’s winner of the coveted One Nucleus BioNewsRound Award.
- - Press releasesAsceneuron today announced the appointment of Hans Schikan (PharmD) as Non-Executive Chairman to the Board of Directors.
- - News
- - Press releasesAsceneuron today announced the closing of a Series A financing of CHF 30 million (USD 30.6 million). The financing round was led by Sofinnova Partners which becomes the largest financial investor in the company. They are joined by new investors SR One, Kurma Partners and Johnson &
Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC). The company’s founding investors MS Ventures also participated.
- - NewsAlzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) awarded a USD 325,000 grant to support the development of Asceneuron’s tau modulators.
- - NewsAsceneuron is featured in a BioCentury emerging company profile by Emily Cukier-Meisner.
- - Press releasesAsceneuron today announced the appointment of leading experts in the field of neurodegenerative diseases to its newly formed scientific advisory board (SAB): Prof. Christian Haass from Ludwig-Maximilians University (LMU) Munich; Prof. Adam Boxer from University of California, San Francisco (UCSF); and Prof. Günter U. Höglinger from the Technical University of Munich.
- - Press releasesAsceneuron today announced that Prof. Raymond Hill, former Executive Director, Licensing and External Research, Europe for Merck Sharp and Dohme, has been appointed to the board of directors. In addition, Dr. Franz Hefti, experienced in development of therapeutics for Alzheimer’s disease and former Chief Scientific Officer of Avid Radiopharmaceuticals before its acquisition by Eli Lilly in 2010, has been appointed as special advisor to the board.
- - NewsAsceneuron wins the Universal Biotech Innovation Prize 2014. Open to young innovative companies, academic and private researchers, the Universal Biotech Innovation Prize aims to acknowledge on an international scale, the most innovative early stage projects in life sciences.